What's new
What's new

10ee apron control lever?

Skud_j

Plastic
My monarch 10ee is missing what I think is called the apron control lever. Its mounted in the side of the carriage and is used to forward and reverse the lathe it has 3 detint notches. If anyone is parting out a machine out or have an extra I’m interested I have some pics for reference but don’t know how to post them on here. Thanks guys!!!!

There's a machine scrapper/dealer on Ebay called Yettiebag that is scrapping a couple EE's right now. I think he is on PM too but his name is just Yettie I think. Wouldn't hurt to drop him a note and see what he has. Good luck
Mark

I contacted the yettiebag guy on eBay he Did not have one of these levers. He said these were options on the 10ee and his did not have that. Thanks for the lead though!!!!

My monarch 10ee is missing what I think is called the apron control lever. Its mounted in the side of the carriage and is used to forward and reverse the lathe it has 3 detint notches. If anyone is parting out a machine out or have an extra I’m interested I have some pics for reference but don’t know how to post them on here. Thanks guys!!!!

Do you have the rest of the ELSR control system?

Yes this is the only part of the ELSR that is missing. I’m really wanting to try out threading with this accessory. The only other thing is the screw for the stop on the cross slide.

I'm like you, I will try to find an original at even more than a moderate price before I attempt to make one. But this part is "not" that hard to replicate...he says. Basically a hollow cup that fits over the detent with a spring loaded handle that the end engages the detents when you pull out the handle. The end should be rounded enough so when the mechanism hits the stop , it pushes the handle into the stop detent. Pretty crude, but effective.

I would like to do a shout out to Lenny (bigyogi) he hooked me up with a control lever and a brand new bison 4 jaw for my 10ee. Thanks guys for all your input and help hope you all have a Merry Christmas!!!!!!

No, he is looking for the ELSR start/stop lever that attaches to the right end of the apron. None on ebay currently, or recently for that matter.

No, he is looking for the ELSR start/stop lever that attaches to the right end of the apron. None on ebay currently, or recently for that matter.

If you're unsuccessful otherwise...

I have some parts for one, specifically the chromed handle EE3599, EE3600 and spring Z831. The shaft portion was broken on my machine and I got a whole replacement assembly from Monarch minus the casting EE3598.

It would take a bit of work to cobble this back into a working sprung handle,
you'd need to make a few simple parts and then find or make the EE3598.

PM me if you want the parts I have, I can take pictures.

-Phil

Back