What's new
What's new

10ee Art Deco chip guard?

Cyclotronguy

Stainless
Title sez it all.
Anyone fab a functional chip / splash guard for the back of a 10ee, that looks like something the factory accidentally forgot?

Photo's of your artwork?

Here's a shot of mine. I think it's original:

10ee_chip_shield.jpg

Needs paint but I'm not sure I have any original left, and am not sure I want to try and match the old paint.

In email it was mentioned that what was wanted was shield for the back of the lathe, not for the chuck. As it happens:

10ee_back_shield1.jpg

10ee_back_shield1.jpg

10ee_back_shield2.jpg

10ee_back_shield2.jpg

The shield is mounted on a welded frame made from 1" square tube, itself screwed onto the back of the base. The shield is OK, I guess, but not at all the wanted "Art Deco". I don't usually leave it mounted as it's kind of in the way of the taper attachment (or I have the taper bar too far back?)

Last night I mocked up a rear chip guard that sets across the two rear saddle wings held in place by two 3/8" x 16, 1/2" stripper bolts with some float. Strippers go into the top screw holes that the follow rest would normally mount too. This leaves access to the taper bar and the chip tray.

Deco-ish well that is a function on if I get ambitious enough to follow through artistically

Back