What's new

10ee collet closer- used value ?

• Thread starter D. Thomas
  • Start date
  • Replies 11
  • Views 3,273
D

D. Thomas

Picked up a 10ee collet closer today in a lot of tooling (all the other tooling is Hardinge stuff) just the tube and the closing mechanism/lever/handle...didn't get the spindle nose piece. It's from a 1965 vintage machine. Any idea of it's "market" value ?

Originally posted by D. Thomas:
Picked up a 10ee collet closer today in a lot of tooling (all the other tooling is Hardinge stuff) just the tube and the closing mechanism/lever/handle...didn't get the spindle nose piece. It's from a 1965 vintage machine. Any idea of it's "market" value ?

Do you want to sell the closer, as is? Is the closer made by Monarch? Royal makes a closer that works with their collet taper adapter, not with Monarch's adapter

i have a 5c nosepiece i dont need
i think it is a #4 morse taper
but i am in canada,if anybody is interested,
reasonably priced
scottie

Here's a photo. Comparing mine to the photo in the Monarch brochure, looks the same except the one in the brochure has a tapered plastic knob rather than round.

colletbar1.jpg

Originally posted by scottie:
i have a 5c nosepiece i dont need
i think it is a #4 morse taper
but i am in canada,if anybody is interested,
reasonably priced
scottie
Scottie. The 5C collet closer for the EE. This fits in the spindle right, The taper in a 10EE spindle is a #12 Jarno. Lets talk about it Harvey [email protected]

Veeery interesting! Never heard of a EE with a Morse taper spindle. All had Jarno.
Harvey, what do think of that? :confused

I gave it a $1 bid, thought you'd appreciate the humor. I'm looking at a Sjoren 5C chuck for my 10EE, anyone have experience with those? Max speed, etc?

Russ, I use one at work, and I like it. If you are doing alot of piece work, its a kinda of a hassle over the lever kind because you have turn the handwheel to loosen the part instead of kicking out that lever. But for the normal stuff its great.
Very accurate, mine runs about .0005 to .001.
I think they're good to 2000 rpm.

Back