What's new
What's new

10ee feed gear box - help with a bearing ID and removal

Mcgyver

Diamond
This is on my '42 10ee. The gearbox came apart well enough (hopefully I took enough photos to get it back together) except for this one bearing. Its the outboard end of the shaft driving the leadscrew, the one with the threaded shaft visible (shaft is just sitting there, already had it out.

I can't see any way of removing this and its a different looking bearing. Can anyone shed some light on what kind of bearing it is and how to remove it? Nothing specifically wrong, just changing all the bearings as part of rebuild, so if its unobtainable or brutal to remove I could leave it, but I'd rather change them all out

thanks

np4oPPw.jpg

KVxY34l.jpg

ok, so figured this one out....inside there is a ND 20303 which is a shouldered AC bearing. (what a pita, if you looked, you know you can't just call up SKf and buy one).

to help the next guy....

There are guards pressed in on both sides - whats visible in the photo is a sort labyrinth seal, monarch made, on outboard side. The inside seal or guard is a pressed metal disk. With the mushroomed end of a copper knock out bar, I was able to catch the ID of this disk and tap it out. I got the rest of the assembly out by tapping on the outer race from the inside. The casting has a shouldered bore, the bearing will only come out away from the casting, i.e. to the left of the lathe if standing at the lathe.

This is the outboard side of the leadscrew so needs to be an AC. These AC shouldered bearings are a pain, That I can see, they're just not available. Fortunately I can recover by making an adapter. The 20303 is 47 x 17 x 14mm wide....and a 7203 AC bearing is 40 x 17 x12. So I can make a shouldered adapter to fit the bore and 7203 standard AC

Back