What's new
What's new

10EE FFR relay options? Base casting? EE34036 needs help

teletech

Aluminum
In matter best not discussed in detail the base casting got pretty badly damaged. I started putting it back together with nickel rod and that will work but it's a lot of hours and expensive rod. I suspect there must be lots of machine parts around and base castings aren't a thing that usually fails so thought I'd put it out there that I'm in California and looking for one.

The other matter is that something in my 10EE electronics died, cooking several wires and blowing up my FF relay. Last I checked they were pretty much pure unobtanium but I thought I'd see what the current thinking on the matter was.
Since I now have another 10EE I'm not opposed to doing a servo drive changeover if I just can fix this one, but I'd rather keep it original if I can.

Thanks all,

You might want to say what year the 10EE base is from. There are some differences between years.

If you do replace the base you'll want to scrape the mounting points back in contact with the bed mounting points. I think it took me one cycle to clean mine up but it was the original mated pair.

I'm guessing that your mention of a field failure relay you're looking for a WIaD drive? I'll poke around, I think I have one. I'm not sure that it wouldn't be hard to match the relay's specs for a replacement.

Early 50s WIAD machine.

I seem to recall reading that the relay has unusual characteristics. The coil is very large for what it does at the very least and need to have some particular characteristics since it's in series with important motor winding stuff. Now that I have a working one (in another machine) I'm tempted to try re-winding the blown one to the same bulk and resistance with the same gauge wire and hoping for the best.

You might want to say what year the 10EE base is from. There are some differences between years.

If you do replace the base you'll want to scrape the mounting points back in contact with the bed mounting points. I think it took me one cycle to clean mine up but it was the original mated pair.

I'm guessing that your mention of a field failure relay you're looking for a WIaD drive? I'll poke around, I think I have one. I'm not sure that it wouldn't be hard to match the relay's specs for a replacement.

Back