What's new
What's new

10EE Initial Electrical Inspection/Troubleshooting Sequence

Dozens of them!

The usual situation with volunteers sharing what they encounter AS they encounter it.

- Each project adds an INCREMENT of something not as well covered in OTHER threads.

- Nobody really has the spare time to collect it all and condense it into a single document.

No help for it. You'll need to browse "many"!

Suggest you cut n' paste the extracts.. build your own "offline" notes as to bearings, lube, brush holders, brushs, commutator refurb, bolts, mounts, wiring... "etc"..

Be happy it is a relatively simple creature! And that others who have gone before HAVE done a really, really good job of coverage in one place.. PM's Monarch Forum.. just not all in one THREAD of it

:D
:-) Never hurts to ask.

The 10EE manual lays out troubleshooting the electrical system.
I'll look again, thanks. What I read was "When the machinest says 'xyz' a good electrician will . . .with little detail."

I found Monarch provided a cover less section after the lubrication information with a forward that states "This booklet has been prepared for the guidance of the maintenance foreman and the operator of the Monarch model EE."

On page nine is a Service Hints section with 1st make sure the motor back gear leaver is in forward or reverse, 2nd make sure the control unit is rotating, 3rd check for loss of exciter voltage(check voltage across exciter brushes), then have a "competent electrician" check wiring diagram." And if they can't figure it out, contact Monarch. If there is more, it's not in what Monarch sent me. But this sounds like what I was looking for to make a good start.
Thanks for the hint.

I'll look again, thanks. What I read was "When the machinest says 'xyz' a good electrician will . . .with little detail."

I found Monarch provided a cover less section after the lubrication information with a forward that states "This booklet has been prepared for the guidance of the maintenance foreman and the operator of the Monarch model EE."

On page nine is a Service Hints section with 1st make sure the motor back gear leaver is in forward or reverse, 2nd make sure the control unit is rotating, 3rd check for loss of exciter voltage(check voltage across exciter brushes), then have a "competent electrician" check wiring diagram." And if they can't figure it out, contact Monarch. If there is more, it's not in what Monarch sent me. But this sounds like what I was looking for to make a good start.
Thanks for the hint.

Perhaps you don't have the real operators manual. There is an electrical troubleshooting section in the back, along with complete schematics..

Perhaps you don't have the real operators manual. There is an electrical troubleshooting section in the back, along with complete schematics..

I have never seen one for a MG equipped 10EE. WIAD and Modular machines got extra trouble shooting info. If they did the same for MG I would love to see it.

Yes. I looked through all the manuals I have, many from Vintage machinery, and as mentioned. the 1965 manual had very detailed information on the WIAD. My documents from Monarch do not have same for the MG. It would be an interesting exercise to trace the schematics from both the MG, which I have, and the WIAD, which I do not.

Ron

Back