What's new
What's new

10EE - MG Start / Stop switches wiring

Zahnrad Kopf

Diamond
Can someone lend a little assistance with this, please? I have some new switches for the MG switch panel but my schematic is a bit sketchy, missing some vital information. Can anyone tell me what the White wires in the picture ( and on the Start switch ) do? I would plug the machine in and measure for voltage and continuity myself, but I have the boxes off the machine while tidying up and painting, back there. Thanks.

9C4B7B58-EE60-485C-A354-A2EF2CECAFA6_zps6cdl4hzi.jpg

2A2AD3D1-A8C3-4ED9-844E-C729FACD94EE_zps5fp9rpwy.jpg

The white wires power the start button light. They come from the lighting transformer via an auxilliary switch on the main contactor. Hence, whenever the contator is in it's pulled-in state the light should be on.

The start button is normally open, the stop is normally closed. Pin 1 is common to both (providing power). When you press START it energises the pull-in coil on the main contactor and pulls it in. STOP keeps the circuit live so essentially if you hold in the start button then both the buttons are doing the same thing - energising the pull-in coil. Of course when you let go the start button it breaks contact but the stop button maintains the circuit, until it is pressed then the coil is no longer energised and the contactor falls out.

Thank you, Peter. Worked the treat! I decided to upgrade the switches to modern units, smaller, and simpler. I removed the locking function of the e-stop mushroom to replicate the momentary function of the original. I took the time and effort and recorded a video, but photobucket apparently does not support videos. Dagnabit.

EDIT - Let's try this... https://youtu.be/oEdWPMM6kcw /EDIT

ABDA305B-189D-4971-8605-536FF5C46C14_zps4ac05ehk.jpg

0AFA7051-B8ED-4E19-83FD-59771962F10C_zpstl5frtxo.jpg

Hi Zahnrad,

I was wondering if you happen to have the part numbers available for your switches? I would love to run the same setup. :D

Back