What's new
What's new

10EE Production Turret Lathe for Auction in Denver on Sept 15th

Maxim

Stainless
Roller Auctions

Thought someone here might be interested

Looks like a 1947 production 10EE turret lathe with no lead screw. Appears to have a VFD so guessing the original
motor is long gone.

Unfortunately they don't have loading on site and you need to pay the riggers.

They have a couple of other bigger turret lathe there too for probably the cost of loading.

Roller Auctions

Thought someone here might be interested

Looks like a 1947 production 10EE turret lathe with no lead screw. Appears to have a VFD so guessing the original
motor is long gone.

Unfortunately they don't have loading on site and you need to pay the riggers.

They have a couple of other bigger turret lathe there too for probably the cost of loading.

Ad says "Buyer is responsible for removal or hiring a rigger to load and remove.", question is do they require a million dollar liability policy to diy?

Wonder what it would take to add a leadscrew? Is there more to it than just installing the leadscrew?

They got some riggers to call, I'd figure about 3-400 for removal based on what I've heard from them before.

I think adding the lead screw is pretty much easier to build a new machine.

Ad says "Buyer is responsible for removal or hiring a rigger to load and remove.", question is do they require a million dollar liability policy to diy?

Wonder what it would take to add a leadscrew? Is there more to it than just installing the leadscrew?
Yep gears assemblies in the gear box along with gearing and dogs on the spindle just a few. Half nut on the apron.

Yep gears assemblies in the gear box along with gearing and dogs on the spindle just a few. Half nut on the apron.

I figured it might be a little more involved, I'll be passing on this one.

As for riggers, I have not had very good luck getting quotes from riggers, no-bid several machines recently because riggers refused to give a quote until after I purchased. How can someone decide whether its worth it to bid without knowing additional costs to load, unless you are getting it at a steal pricing? It would be nice if they just put a rigging price in description.

That's not a manufacturing model, normal lathe with the turret replacing the tailstock!

The machine is quite well equipped, it has ELSR, accumulator dial, and taper!

If the turret was in place for most of its life, the ways may be in good shape, hard to tell from the photos's?

Interesting machine.....

Kevin

Back