What's new
What's new

10EE rare carriage travel dial

mjf46

Plastic
So it seems there may be some parts missing from this 10EE carriage travel dial mechanism.

does anyone have a diagram, drawings or schematics with more details?

Thank you!
Matthew

cariage dial 1.jpg
cariage dial 2.jpg
cariage dial 3.jpg
cariage dial 4.jpg

So it seems there may be some parts missing from this 10EE carriage travel dial mechanism.

does anyone have a diagram, drawings or schematics with more details?

Thank you!
Matthew

View attachment 280684
View attachment 280685
View attachment 280686
View attachment 280687
I think that you have everything. The other dial like this that showed up (on EE27264) was an accumulating dial, with an extra ring/dial and a gear train that rotated the secondary ring so that you could read the inches of travel. (Very cool!) The empty holes in your base casting are for the gear train.

Here's a link to the accumulating apron feed dial post:The post has a link to a website with more photos of the dial innards. (It's owner, docswarf, hasn't posted here since 2013.)

But, the good news is that you have the only dial like that that's shown up here. A real collector's item! I don't think that even the world renown 10EE iron-hoarder, rke[pler, has managed to score either version of the dial. ;)

By the way, you might want to mask off the machined surfaces when you're painting. Paint in the wrong places will cause you problems down the road.

Cal

But, the good news is that you have the only dial like that that's shown up here. A real collector's item! I don't think that even the world renown 10EE iron-hoarder, rke[pler, has managed to score either version of the dial. ;)

I think the world renown 10EE hoarder is actually Alex with the unpronounceable last name. I only have one 10EE and thus I am out of the running.

(Now accessory hoarding, that's something else...)

I think that you have everything. The other dial like this that showed up (on EE27264) was an accumulating dial, with an extra ring/dial and a gear train that rotated the secondary ring so that you could read the inches of travel. (Very cool!) The empty holes in your base casting are for the gear train.

Here's a link to the accumulating apron feed dial post:The post has a link to a website with more photos of the dial innards. (It's owner, docswarf, hasn't posted here since 2013.)

By the way, you might want to mask off the machined surfaces when you're painting. Paint in the wrong places will cause you problems down the road.

Cal

Thanks for the link to the old thread Cal! It seems I am missing some of the small gears inside the dial.

W.R.T. the paint - Great tip on masking. I am making good use of my razor blades and scotch bright to clean the castings down to the machined surfaces.

Back