What's new
What's new

10EE’s on eBay in Torrance, CA only allow pickup on ONE predetermined day!

TheOldCar

Stainless
:(

Dumb! They look like good ones, also. Newest listing has ELSR, accumulating dials, long dial on the tail stock, taper, etc.
Auctioneer selling these for the owner (school) says the only available date for pickup in June 28 at 11:00 AM.
Booooooo!

Typical for gov surplus auctions. If you are local with your own forklift a great opportunity. Otherwise not practicable.

Typical for gov surplus auctions. If you are local with your own forklift a great opportunity. Otherwise not practicable.

I never knew this! It's frustrating that they advertise on eBay; they are dangling a tasty carrot in front of me!

I wonder if these lathes will go for good (cheap) prices???

I don't understand your consternation. The bid closes on the 20th, which is a week before pickup is required. What don't I comprendo! If you bid and win, you arrange your schedule to pickup on that date. Don't they also indicate they have loading available, for a fee. Seems legit to me.

Stuart

You guys should read the add, it says, and I copy and pasted right from one of them:

"NOTE: Buyer must sign a Release of Liability Form to receive Forklift help with loading of Machinery.
Otherwise Buyer to provide His Own Forklift and Operator to load Item."

Seller also has some vans and pickups with door stickers on them but I could not make out what was on the stickers. Maybe a clue as the where the lathes are from??

Well, I know one thing, the guy that bid on all four of those probably can't sleep at night thinking about what he might get.

"NOTE: Item was part of a College Teaching environment and taken Out of Service the week of 6/10/19 then transferred to the Facilities / Maintenance Yard for storage and pick up accessibility."

Luckily So-Cal's in the midst of a drought so these machines won't be too badly weathered by pick-up time.

I don't understand your consternation. The bid closes on the 20th, which is a week before pickup is required. What don't I comprendo! If you bid and win, you arrange your schedule to pickup on that date. Don't they also indicate they have loading available, for a fee. Seems legit to me.

Stuart

Multiple messages with the seller and he says ONLY that day is pickup day. No other option. I asked him for school contact info and he said "no". Went on to say this is how they do it and it works for them.

EDIT: You are right.

I'm just crying my eyes out because I'm gone with family on that day!

You guys should read the add, it says, and I copy and pasted right from one of them:

"NOTE: Buyer must sign a Release of Liability Form to receive Forklift help with loading of Machinery.
Otherwise Buyer to provide His Own Forklift and Operator to load Item."

Seller also has some vans and pickups with door stickers on them but I could not make out what was on the stickers. Maybe a clue as the where the lathes are from??

Don't worry, I zoomed in on the door stickers after receiving the last message from the auctioneer. Trucks are in a different city, different auction lot and pickup rules are much more lax.

Interesting, that one has the much later heavy tailstock with an inch metric dial. There is one other with the later heavy tail stock, but with the small inch only dial. Perhaps these machines were rebuilt at one time. Note, the heavy tailstock with 1 3/4" quill. came along in the 70s.

I have more then once, purchased the info package from Monarch on machines I was interested in, but did not buy because the machine had been altered, or for other reasons.
Its possible one or more of those machines could be a good buy.

Just get a truck driver to pick it up for you on the day allocated no need for you to be there just give authorisation for it to happen and get auctioneers approval for 3rd party pickup.

Back