What's new
What's new

10ee saddle metering units

skydawg

Aluminum
I`m going to try to clean mine before ordering new from Monarch.Should you be able to get air through a new or clean unit using lung power,or are they too dense for that? Thanks.

Those units can't be cleaned by blowing through them by lung power, Do not try to blow them out with compressed air opposite the <--. as you will blow out the needle jets that are in there. I have made up a junction rigged up to a Bijur oil pump and filled it up with mineral spirits and pump them until you get clear fluid through them. The pump in the saddle gets all gunked up too. I have heard people put them in ultra cleaners too. I usually buy new as time is money. Those small lube lines can get plugged too. I have had to replace them as they break easy or get so plugged even a thing wire won't pass through them. Rich

Last edited:
Hi Richard,I didn`t mean that I was trying to clean them by lung power...rather,AFTER cleaning,should you be able to blow air through via lung power,as an indication of proper function.

Hi Richard,I didn`t mean that I was trying to clean them by lung power...rather,AFTER cleaning,should you be able to blow air through via lung power,as an indication of proper function.
They don't pass very much oil. If you charge it with oil at 15PSI, you should see about one drop every minute or two. I don't think you can blow through one with lung power.

For cleaning, rig up a reservoir with a 50/50 mixture of acteone and automatic transmission fluid, let gravity do the work. When the solution starts running through over night, you'll know that you're getting close.

Cal

Back