What's new
What's new

10ee T-4 transformer capacitor?

Flightmap

Plastic
I have a 1963 MG Monarch 10ee. My spindle turns about 40 rpm at full speed. With a tremendous amount of help from another forum member, we were able to confirm the speed potentiometer is working properly. FYI this was all done over the phone! Proceeding, we (he) narrowed it down to the capacitor located next to the T-4 transformer. Using the schematics provided by Monarch, I located T-4, and what I think is the capacitor, but there is no part number or identifier on the capacitor that I can see. The capacitor appears swollen (slight dome on the top) thus my thinking this is the problem. The voltage across wire 30/32 was around 27 volts (should be 270?) and F2/18 is150VoltsDC (should be around 57 to 120?)

Question: What is the number/identifier that I should use to replace the capacitor?

Question: What is the identifier/number for replacing T-4?

i thought as long as I was replacing the capacitor, I might as well replace the other. Wanted to see if I could find them this weekend and get them shipped ASAP

The cap is 1 mfd at 600 volts the constant voltage transformer will be much harder to get pray it is good.

Back