What's new
What's new

10EE tailstock oil cap

220swift

Stainless
What do you call the little unit that sits on top of the 10EE tailstock.
You add oil and it has a little screw on cap with a keeper chain.
I thought they were made by Gits. But all I could find were the flip top cap style.
I removed the lathe cover and the cap was gone.
I need to order a couple of replacements.

Hal

What do you call the little unit that sits on top of the 10EE tailstock.
You add oil and it has a little screw on cap with a keeper chain.
I thought they were made by Gits. But all I could find were the flip top cap style.
I removed the lathe cover and the cap was gone.
I need to order a couple of replacements.

Hal

Monarch doesn’t have them anymore, they recommend replacing with the Gits flip top style.

Branden

Thanks for the reply. Do you know what they are called and who made them?

Hal

On the 10ee parts list I have handy, I don't see parts descriptions.

On my series 61, all the oiler, oil fill caps like that are large enough for me to see "GITS BROS MFG CO CHICAGO". I would think it highly likely Gits brand made them all for Monarch.

The parts list for the series 61 does show description. The one for TS is listed as "oil hole cover".

I have larger similar styles elsewhere labeled "oiler assembly". Those included the cap and a press in insert which has chain as well.

On the 10ee parts list I have handy, I don't see parts descriptions.

On my series 61, all the oiler, oil fill caps like that are large enough for me to see "GITS BROS MFG CO CHICAGO". I would think it highly likely Gits brand made them all for Monarch.

The parts list for the series 61 does show description. The one for TS is listed as "oil hole cover".

I have larger similar styles elsewhere labeled "oiler assembly". Those included the cap and a press in insert which has chain as well.

A google search of PM threads on the topic gives:

10ee Oil plug thread sizes and configuration variety

Back