What's new
What's new

10EE taper attachment casting

vettebob

Cast Iron
I got my pattern made and cast up a couple of taper attachments out of aluminum. Here are some pics of a rough casting and a machined casting. If any one needs one let me know I can cast up a couple more. Bob

Attachments

• DSC00488.jpg
    DSC00488.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 651
  • DSC00487.jpg
    DSC00487.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 602
  • DSC00486.jpg
    DSC00486.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 625
Links invalid. If you want to upload photos, got to advanced, scroll down to manage attachments and follow through to upload photos as thumbnails

VetteBob - Nicely done!

I have a nicely done SLS model that I was sending out for quotes in CI. I could make another, resized and scaled properly to account for AL if you would like to try it. Quality SLS models really do make Pattern Making so much easier these days! :)

Zahnrad, who do you go to for SLS castings? I have a project coming up that could use a good pointer there.

Sure I'm always willing to try something new. Bob
VetteBob - Nicely done!

I have a nicely done SLS model that I was sending out for quotes in CI. I could make another, resized and scaled properly to account for AL if you would like to try it. Quality SLS models really do make Pattern Making so much easier these days! :)

Did you see the patterns I made for the Taper Attachment Fine Feed Vernier?
I saw the pics of your patterns, but didn't think you also did castings. The foundry I was using in Louisville closed down last year. They were doing investment castings for me in 4140 and 8630.

I saw the pics of your patterns, but didn't think you also did castings. The foundry I was using in Louisville closed down last year. They were doing investment castings for me in 4140 and 8630.

Oh! No, no... I don't cast. I send out for that. :) I just make "quickie" patterns by CAD modeling and then using SLS. Works the treat. I'm far from expert at it but so far, so good. Up until recently, it has always been done at the request of a client, but lately my own interests have driven me to have the models then cast, myself. :) Shoot me an e* and I'll give you the three places I am using.

Just like to share my experience with Bob's casting.

It was fantastic! Worked like a charm, about 30 minutes to machine and fit perfectly. If you need one of these taper castings, I'm sure he'll hook you up.

Thanks Bob, great product at a great price.

Dave

Hi Bob: I just spent the past 2 days looking for my bed bracket. I would like to take you up on your offer to sell a casting. My 10EE has a square thread/feed dial and the distance between the outside of the bed and the taper rod is approximately 3.75". If you are willing and your casting will fit please email me the cost.
thanks
jon

Jon here's a couple of pics of your bed bracket ready for paint. I'm making the the clamp assembly tomorrow. 001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg It has a coat of etching primer on it so your paint will stick. Thanks Bob

vettebob, those look really good! Nicely done, Sir.
icon14.png
Might just skip the Cast Iron one and go with one of yours. :)

Jon your taper attachment is done here are a couple of pics.
003.jpg005.jpg

I have another one available it's not perfect, It is fully functional if someone wants it I'll let it go for $81 shipped. That's $15 off. Here are some pics of it.
008.jpg009.jpg011.jpgI made the mistake of machining it after Christmas Dinner on a full stomach and forgot to change out the drill bit for a ball endmill. The rod slot is angled bottom instead of rounded. I will be casting more up this week. Pm me if you want one. I'm asking $45 for a raw casting or $90 for a finished taper attachment with clamp washer and nut. Shipping is $6 Mod let me know if this is inappropriate and I will delete this post.

Hi:

I just received Bob's machined reproduction 10ee bed bracket and clamp. It fits like a glove. Beautiful job. The cost of a new bracket would be 5 to 6 times higher through Monarch. If you need a bed bracket for your 10ee speak with Bob.
Jon

Back