Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That's PERFECT... Thanks a bunch ! That is gold for those that need one.

We should have a "parts is parts" section for these kind of things. maybe with part numbers as well ?

2. Likes mllud22 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Attachment 331914

The Monarch part number for this part is EE-1993
    Monarch Machine Tool Co. - Publication Reprints - Model 10EE Manual | VintageMachinery.org

Manual with part Numbers from 1965
    Preserved in Vintage Machinery.org by Brian Backner

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

clarification on my suggestion... I meant a resource for dimensions for parts like this. easier to have a repository than to search the web and forum for the off chance it was posted in 2006 and pics aren't available anymore.

I have the manuals for my lathe (1967) and sadly, the pictures/part numbers aren't relevant for my exact model, they are for a 50's model..... Monarch said "they are for reference" but I can't even tell them what part I need as the book doesn't even show it.

Vintage Machinery, nor anywhere else I've found, has an updated manual with the late model pictures/parts numbers. Monarch said they couldn't find "good photos" ... C'mon !

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think your idea is great. I did understand what you were suggesting. There are so many models and design changes. Monarch couldn't even verify some information on your lathe. They still make a great effort to support the owners of these lathes and probably don't make much in return. Searching records and not selling many parts.

Starting a thread where parts and dimensions can be posted may work with a good title that has good keywords . Google friendly.

Getting participation of members remembering to add parts when they can. I would forget to do that.
    Posting photos and dimensions of parts would help some but part numbers change even though often its the same part. That part number that I posted came from the manual in the link that I posted. That manual doesn't fit your lathe. But they both use some of the same parts. It gets confusing. I identify using two categories Square Dial and Round Dial. And I don't know much in comparison to others here.

I have searched for drawings with dimensions and rarely find one with dimensions. That's why I gave you that information.

If you call Monarch and asked for those measurements on that part they wouldn't give you that even if it was right in front of them. That's their bread and butter. They want to make and sell you the part. That's business.

These lathes are old and many of the owners cant justify spending $1,200 for a cross feed screw. I cant. That's probably close to what a job shop would charge that has overhead of paying benefits and wages to keep the doors open.
    I started buying machine tools to make obsolete parts and to make parts that cost more than the machine justifies in value. I make more bushings and repair sleeves than anything else , some small shafts. Going to attempt to reverse engineer a new cross feed screw for an old Cincy lathe on the 10ee when its done. No photo
    Sometimes your lucky enough too have a photo too reverse engineer from.
    A manual with dimensional drawing. could be done by one person with a disassembled lathe.