What's new
What's new

10EE threading gears flat belt source

focusrsh

Aluminum
Just thought I'd let everyone know that McMaster-Carr will make custom-length flat belts. I order a 1" x 33" to drive the threading gears for my 1942 10EE and it fits perfectly. Cost was about $35 with shipping, which I feel is very reasonable. It arrived in 3 days.

They also sell Mobil DTE in 1-gallon bottles. The last gallon I order arrived in the next day!

You can order everything, including the flat belts, on their website.

They also sell Mobil DTE in 1-gallon bottles. The last gallon I order arrived in the next day!

Hopefully you mean Mobile DTE Heavy-Medium or DTE Light. They also carry DTE 26 and DTE 24, which are hydraulic oils and NOT the correct lubricant; lots of confusion caused by the fact that DTE appears in the names of both products.

Cal

Since it has come up (again), and since a round-dial 10EE only needs a bit over or under 3 ounces, each of front and rear spindle-bearing reservoirs, uses it nowhere else?

The 10EE lubrication manual says the headstock main section takes 3 quarts, so combined with the one pint for both the front and rear bearing reservoirs, a gallon is needed.

And as far as the Mobile DTE supplied by McMaster-Carr, yes they have the correct DTE Light and Heavy.

Back