What's new
What's new

16CY oil passage question

Typical171

Plastic
Cleaning out all the oil passages on my 16CY saddle. I have traced and found every line from the two manifolds to the ports the supply. There are two ports in the V-way, the one on the left supply comes from the second line from left of the picture. My question is where does the second port supply come from? I have forced air into it but can't find the where it come out, which also could be plugged.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20200124_145036.jpg
    20200124_145036.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Sorry, I was first posted it with a thumbnail and then tried to edit the picture to make it bigger and in the process loss the thumbnail.Im better at being a machinist then an IT guy ha ha.
Your picture didn't make the journey. repost it.

Tom

It's entirely possible that the hole was misdrilled by the fitter. You could check by feeling for an intersecting hole at/near the bottom of that one, I don't expect you'll find one.

It's entirely possible that the hole was misdrilled by the fitter. You could check by feeling for an intersecting hole at/near the bottom of that one, I don't expect you'll find one.

Actually I did that and there is a cross drilled hole running north and south as it sits in the picture. I don't have small enough wire in the shop to try to trace it. I was hoping someone would know on here thats had these apart.

Is it the oil source for the oil passageway that goes to the cross slide feed dial and gear? There is a small passageway that feeds the bearings and into the handle dial assembly.
I know that just a very little oil makes it through to the dial handle assembly..

Not sure, just sorta guessing.

DualValve.

Is it the oil source for the oil passageway that goes to the cross slide feed dial and gear? There is a small passageway that feeds the bearings and into the handle dial assembly.
I know that just a very little oil makes it through to the dial handle assembly..

Not sure, just sorta guessing.

DualValve.
The one that feed the cross slide dial in the line in the center of the picture and at the bottom. If you look close you can see the discharge port just to the right of the cross slide dial opening.

Back