What's new
What's new

1942 Monarch 10EE wiring diagram

Popoff

Plastic
Merry Christmas all! I recently acquired a 1942 round dial 10EE. I was fortunate to have the original wiring diagram still on the inside cover plate however is saturated with oil and is extremely hard to read. I have found several other diagrams on this website it but it does seem those are fuzzy for my old eyes. Does anyone have a clean clear copy of EE-2452? I would be very grateful.

Thank you
Steve

Merry Christmas all! I recently acquired a 1942 round dial 10EE. I was fortunate to have the original wiring diagram still on the inside cover plate however is saturated with oil and is extremely hard to read. I have found several other diagrams on this website it but it does seem those are fuzzy for my old eyes. Does anyone have a clean clear copy of EE-2452? I would be very grateful.

Thank you
Steve

Is this an inline exciter? Can you share a pic of your MG drive unit?

I've got reasonable copies of EE2442 (but not 2452) Can you verify the drawing #

I don't know if they have much on the early round dial but on the square dial machines they have as built blue prints for your exact machine and any part on it. If you need a larger print of a part, they can do that also.
Scott is a ton of info.

Hal

Be warned. As Cal pointed out to me, Monarch will offer only a "generic" documentation package for a round dial machine. They will have the original Machine SN card with the as delivered specs, but the elec drawing they include will be generic, but likely the more common of the round dial elec drawing varieties.

There are, as I recall, at least 3 varieties of round dial elec panels. I can attest to that as factual as I have two varieties of the panels under my roof currently.

I would recommend you provide pictures of your panel, spindle motor, and MG set to help verify what you have.

Couldn't make it to the end of this....was there a point in there some place?

Well it HELPS if you were at one time responsible for generating drawings of that sort, because.. the one they ship is not so much "generic" as "all inclusive". Part of why some of it is so crowded.

It includes WITHIN it more than one rev level, cuts-off when MG production no longer changed, at least on "new" production.

It is up to the end-Luser to take note of the applicable dates for his machine, including - by this late date - keeping an eye out for possible field updates made to the newer revisions. Or for that matter BACKWARDS revisions as non-factory folks - such as our own selves, "Right here on PM" - had made do with such scarce parts as could be found out in the wild.

Pay attention - but most are actually rather minor differences that will nearly always work "OK" be they early, middle, or late evolution.

A Ward-Leonard rig can only get but so complicated before there's nothing much LEFT to alter.

One tiny corner of one tiny IC in a DC Drive, VFD, or ignorant hand-held cordless tool battery health minder can be easily more complex. We just don't see it. And couldn't DO anything about a failure inside of it even if we could see it.

Keeping an MG healthy? Blacksmith and gaslight era stuff.

Kinda like a "survival skill" such as canning and drying food or making yer own shoeleather, feather beds, sorghum, soap and vinegar!

Didn't only "Get" that tee shirt when I "Been There".

Was taught to make it. From a feed sack.

Seams cut with Wiss "pinking" shears could be a right sawtooth nasty underarm bitch, though. DAMHIKT!

So thank God in her infinite mercy we could at LEAST afford "store bought" cotton under SHORTS!

:D

Back