What's new
What's new

1944 10EE New Owner Pre-Start Up Checklist Suggestions

Brianison

Aluminum
Hello All,
Just today I bought a 1944 round dial 10EE which is according to it's previous owner, is in good running order,and was in government ownership it's whole life prior to that. I have not seen it in person,nor have I taken delivery of it yet (ebay purchase 3 states away)but I take the P.O. at his word.

What I would like to know is, before firing this thing up, and putting it to work,what things should I be looking out for on the MG drive and control system. After all it's 75 years old.

I have read quite a few very informative threads here,and elsewhere on the MG systems,and think I have at least a reasonable understanding of them. I know to look at the condition of the brushes,commutators wires etc., but just wanted to see if there were any specific or common problems to watch out for so I don't unwittingly ruin something expensive, and hard to find.

I should add that I will be running it with a rotary Phase converter. I have a very stout 10 HP unit that starts , and runs everything else in my shop, including the 10HP motor I have in my 16x54 Monarch without any trouble.

Back