What's new
What's new

1944 Round Dial Brushes for the Reliance VS drive

GrantGunderson

Hot Rolled
Hey guys,

I looked over my manual and couldn't find any info there.

I need to replace the brushes for my Motor Generator setup. I took them down to the local motor shop and they told me that I have to order the brushes on line, and they dont stock them... plus they only wanted to help me out with them if I had them service the motor gen set for $900! For that price, I'd be looking really hard at just converting to a new 3Phase setup.

Anyways I know I need knew brushes, and the lathe was running when I bought it, so I'm sure the motors will be fine after cleaning and fresh lube.

Any chance you guys can help point me in the right direction for ordering new brushes? I have not had any luck finding a cross reference with the brush part numbers anywhere, but then again I dont exactly know where to look.Its been 20 years since I had a basic Electrical Engineering class... I was a plastics major after all. So I know enough to know I dont know anything about electric motors.

The DC Motor is:
Frame 14-T
Serial number 827780
3HP
RPM 6900-2400
12 AMp
50 sdegree C 1HR duty
Shunt Wound
F/S 161-EQ-15
Field Maps 1.5
Rehostat Res 400 Ohms
230 Volt Armature 115 V Fields.
IMG_2499.jpg

The 3 Phase AC to DC Generator is:
220 V, 13.2 Amps
440 Volts 6.6 Amps
3 Phase, 60 cycles
Frame 3 S
115 Exciter Volts
Serial Number 51 V 67
IMG_2497.jpg

The only info I could find on the Exciter, as there is no name plate attached is the following stamp:
71718-2-RA

Thanks Guys.

Back