What's new
What's new

Monarch 10EE: Mounting Holdridge 4D Radii Fixture

Mac007

Aluminum
Hello All,

Has anyone adapted/mounted a Holdridge 4D Radii Fixture To a 12” swing Monarch 10EE.

It looks Like the Radii Fixture would need to be mounted to an adapter plate secured to the Carriage to get the proper vertical alignment with the Spindle Center.

Mounting to the Compound would make it too elevated.

So I am wondering what are the factory mounting holes in the Carriage in addition to the (2) studs that the compound mounts on?

I would prefer more bolts securing the Adapter plate than just the (2) compound mounting studs.

Are there factory bolt holes in the carriage for a FOLLOW REST?

AND Lastly, my 10EE has DRO scales mounted to it.

Thanks for any help.

The Holdridge 3 is the "right" size for the 10EE. As you've discovered the 4 cannot be lowered enough to be mounted on the compound, about the only solution is to make a plate that you can mount in place of the compound on which you can mount the Holdridge. Since the mounting bolts for the compound are captive you'll only have those mounts unless you really want to put some work into mounting the new plate but I figure if it holds the compound it's not going to let go of the Holdridge.

The Holdridge 3 is the "right" size for the 10EE. As you've discovered the 4 cannot be lowered enough to be mounted on the compound, about the only solution is to make a plate that you can mount in place of the compound on which you can mount the Holdridge. Since the mounting bolts for the compound are captive you'll only have those mounts unless you really want to put some work into mounting the new plate but I figure if it holds the compound it's not going to let go of the Holdridge.[/QUOTE

Thanks for the reply. And yes that is my plan, when using the 4D, I plan on removing the compound and mounting a 1” thick Aluminum Adapter plate that will also be drilled and tapped as well to accept my current Steel almost 1” plate that currently mounts to my bigger lathe’s compound T-nut.
Measuring from the 10EE’s Cross Slide Compound mounting surface to the Spindle center will require this much spacing.
It will be nice to be able to use the Holdridge 4D on either of my 2 lathes :)

Kind Regards,
Ken

Back