What's new
What's new

1959 Monarch EE-Endgame

daryl bane

Titanium
Here it is, doing what it is supposed to do, chips and all. Also my tool tray pilfered from a dental office.
IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

You're right everything does look very gray. I haven't quite figured out how to use my new camera and I don't think I corrected for the florescence. But everything in the room is gray, oh well. Beckley23, the story about the compound, my original compound was so beat up and worn out, it was almost unfixable. A chance visit by a old machinist buddy, he just happened to have a EE compound and Micro-gaging dial that he had fished out of the dumpster at Texas Instruments years ago and would give them to me.:eek: That compound had been pressed into duty as a fixture, where they had drilled and tapped the four additional holes,for who knows what application. Other than that the compound was in excellent condition. Heres a pic from the backside. Sorry, I haven't yet painted the PVC cover for the Tool tray support tube, and I need a perforated cover for the chip sump.
IMG_0019.jpg

Wow!!!!!

Daryl, I must have sent the link where you showed pictures of your tailstock and its accessories to at least 20 people and once I get my eyes tucked back in their sockets I'll send them all these pictures as well. :crazy:

Your level of craftsmanship shows in every detail and we all thank you very much for sharing it with us.

Happy Holidays, Doug Baker

That is one gorgeous piece of machinery! Wow! It much be very satisfying to operate. Are you going to put a DRO on it? I have one on my '67 Modular, and it's fantastic...it really increased my productivity with the already productive machine.

Your 10EE and I share the same year of manufacture. What is the month? Mine's 5.

Many, Many thanks to all. :Ithankyou: Its been a long long road, and was alot more work than I expected, but it turned out OK and it really is a pleasure to operate. The chuck is a 6-Jaw Bison adjust-tru, a very nice chuck. I had thought long and hard about a DRO, but it has a new Miller leadscrew , my new dials, it is dead nuts accurate with almost zero backlash, so I opted to go the old fashioned way...for now. Happy Holidays

Great job on everything. I've followed your progress from the beginning.Yeah, those dials are great. If you find the tailstock does not hold center well, install those nice shiny SS bolts you made in the base, works better that way, my opinion of course.:D

Thanks Tom, Geez, if you followed this saga from the beginning, all I can say is, "sorry about that". ;) Probably lasted longer than most marriages.

Sweet!

Very nice work, Dave! I can really appreciate how much time you've poured into her.

Have you put the first nick in the new paint yet?

Cal

Back