What's new
What's new

1962 10 EE @ December 7th Auction Atlanta Area (appearance looks a bit weathered)

Lamentably, they see no value in preserving or enhancing value. for theirs is the world of numerosity. long lost are the values of quality, workmanshio and preservation.

What is the best type of anti-fogging agent to use on the inside of the threading gearbox window?

1442372_6522_0_0003.jpg

Don't look that bad to me except for no oil showing in the sight glasses. Has all the options from a quick look at the pics. Can't see where it sold, says today was the auction.

I had my fingers crossed for this one, but it wasn't meant to be. Congratulations to whoever snagged it (if they visit this forum).

When I sell mine, I'm going to put it out in the weather for a year or two. And dump a bucket of water on it before I take the auction pictures.

The bucket of water reminds me of an ebay 10ee a couple years ago.

It looked pretty nice and clean in the parking lot photos - too clean. Something wasn't right. It was lacking in the grime you expect to see in the nooks, but it was clearly not someone's TLC baby. It had an odd gleam to it, highlights on some surfaces. That gleam was water! And there was still a puddle of water on the ground next to it, with suds! They had apparently washed it like a car, maybe with a pressure washer.

I saved the link, but it no longer works. I now look for it, and you see similar on auction machines of every kind. They're just too clean. Sometimes the puddles are still on the shop floor.

"A little water clears us of this deed."

Back