What's new
What's new

1962 monarch 10ee project for sale

Heychris_1

Plastic
Hey everyone,

I have a 1962 monarch 10ee. It was originally purchased by the Chrysler Space corporation and used as a tooling lathe for the Apollo rockets. I purchased it from RocketDyne in 2013.

I built a large tank and used electrolysis to completely strip and clean the old paint. I then treated it to a two part epoxy finish.

Unfortunately life changes and this precious lathe was left in the balance. It's been sitting for 5 years untouched.

I need someone who wants to finish the restoration process. I am moving and need to empty out the garage.

Anyone interested?

Chris

Yes, depends on price and a couple of other variables......can you load and how soon does it need to be gone?
Where in California.......can you send pictures?

Kevin

Keep in mind that for a new buyer this is a huge risk/gamble. The buyer has no way to check the machines function, and it’s pretty hard to verify all the parts are there. Parts for these machines are expensive.
$4500 is real high for a pile of parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I emailed Chris to find out what is there and what isn't. Unfortunately for me, Chris got rid of all of the modular electronics, even the motor and the main contactor. I would have been interested in a modular basket case.

I think you might have misunderstood. I certainly haven't thrown anything out. I've got all the vacuum tubes, etc. I absolutely have the motor.

I've taken more photos of the taper, electronics, contactors, tailstock, apron, etc. If anyone wants to see full size photos. Let me know.

Looks like most of its there to me, but what do I know, mine is still only 2/3 back together

Well if you were in the Midwest Id take a look. Shipping would kill it I think.

Back