What's new
What's new

1963 Monarch 10EE parts needed!

Nicholas Bove

Plastic
I just took delivery of a nice clean Monarch 10EE built in 5/63. Was told on the phone that it was a running machine. Opened it up today to find the modular drive is missing one C16J tube is missing, the C3J tube is missing and three relays are missing. If anyone has some spare parts available this would be greatly appreciated!

I am not he, but some may have. The solid-state tube substitutes seem to be working out OK as well.

Meanwhile, clarify, please:

Is the "Module" itself missing as well? Or just the tubes and relays?

Its missing the actual module that plugs in along with one C16J and the C3J. I found a new old stock Salvania C3J off eBay last night for $38
I'm fortunate enough that the lathe came with all the original blueprints/diagrams and parts lists!
As for the relays it needs part numbers..

25488 one minute timer
25487 field loss relay
25486 anti plugging relay

Not sure this is really a good idea but none of those relays are critical to the lathe function and all can be bypassed while you're looking for replacements. The timer is to keep you from starting the drive before the tubes are warm, just waiting 1 minute does the same purpose. The field loss relay is important long term to stop the drive when you lose the field (and thus stopping a runaway) but it can be substituted. The antiplugging relay only stops you from going from forward to reverse until the drive slows down, again bypassing and being careful will sub until a replacement can be sourced.

Its missing the actual module that plugs in along with one C16J and the C3J. I found a new old stock Salvania C3J off eBay last night for $38
I'm fortunate enough that the lathe came with all the original blueprints/diagrams and parts lists!
As for the relays it needs part numbers..

25488 one minute timer
25487 field loss relay
25486 anti plugging relay

C3J commonly available on ebay.
Module box I responded on separate thread.
C16J much better to buy from Scissio.com (buy 2). Unless you are addicted to the glowing lights.

For the other parts, if you see them in this thread 10EE Modular Parts - Relays & Transformers, etc. for Sale
I still have them.

Back