What's new
What's new

Aloris Quick Change Compatibility

Tobe1960

Plastic
Hi Folks,

I found this quick change setup on an auction and was a little confused if it would fit on my newly acquired 1963 10EE. Any help appreciated! Please see attachment

Attachments

• aloris.jpg
    aloris.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 51
  • aloris set.jpg
    aloris set.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 48
I believe a CXA is going to be on the big side for a 10EE, and that a BXA is closest to best fit. You can measure vertically from the top of the compound to the spindle centerline, and look that measurement up on Aloris's website to be certain.

Pretty sure you'll want a BXA size. But you dont need to guess. First measure from the top of your compound to the spindle center line.

Then go to the Aloris website and look at the dimension of the tool post, plus a #1 holder for its size. The 2nd pics show drawings:
Cxa TP:
Super-Precision Tool Post CXA

#1 holder:
Turning and Facing Holder CXA-1

Then check the same for BXA. You want tool tip in a number one holder to be in the middle of tool post adjustment, not to the very top or bottom.

Edit: What Rabler said, he posted while I was typing :D

So even if it don't fit my 10EE, what would It be worth on the forum? I may be able to get it cheap.

CXA is definitely too big for a 10ee. I have both AXA and BXA sets. I use the BXA most of the time but sometimes on small things close to the head stock or chuck, even BXA is a little big.The ideal size would be a set half way between the two. Unfortunately that is unobtainun.

Back