What's new
What's new

Anyone have a 10EE taper attachment off his lathe?

bll230

Hot Rolled
I need to make the bracket that the rod threads into. This homemade piece was on mine and it is not made properly. If someone has easy access to this part I could really use precise measurements of the lateral distance from the bolt holes to the centerline of the threaded rod hole, and the height of the threaded hole from the mounting surface.

Thanks

John
IMG_0814.jpg

i have a square dial 10ee that i just finished. you want to come over and measure the piece you are welcome. Also there is a guy in Cali on ebay selling a complete MG setup. Bidding starts at $300. Looks like a good deal to me. I know you were looking for a new motor in a previous post.

Lectrician happened to have a square dial machine with the taper. We took the part off and measured it all ways to Sunday. However, before making a completely new part it occurred to me that I had a usable base, so to speak, on my mismade part.

I used a coupling nut, and machined the steel piece I had down to the appropriate height and JB Welded the coupling nut on. With the large glueing surface I am confident the JB Weld will survive the machine. If not I have the dimensions to make a new part.

IMG_0829.jpg

Back