What's new
What's new

Anyone have a front cover for a 10ee round dial?

lectrician1

Hot Rolled
looking for the front cover for a square dial 10ee. the one that is at your feet while you are working on the machine. it allows access too the generator junction box.

PM me if you have one you are willing to sell and ship to las vegas

I also need the back cover that has the vents for the exhaust from the generator.

Thanks
Rich

Last edited:
Yep, front cover. 19 ¼" wide by maybe 17-18" tall. I couldn't quite get to it to get an accurate measure on the height. Complete with knobs. $30 plus shipping. Its cast iron, from a round dial machine.

It turns out it is a rear cover. It has no art-deco bars, just the grills with frames around them. I'm not sure when they eliminated the art deco bars on that cover, but it might be an early square dial cover even though it is iron. Here are a couple pictures:

IMG_0418.jpg

IMG_0419.jpg

- front and rear 3 HP large-frame motor end-bells "only". Not the motor itself. Haven't a klew why. Could was somebody was salvaging Copper?

....if anyone needs any of that.

In the other direction:

Not a lot of hope, as often missing or damaged as they go, but I in turn need a RD MG-era HS-end rearmost cover set, both upper and lower. WiaD's fit with a skosh of mismatch on the lower - my other R-D has such. AFAIK Modular base-casting ones do not match? Or just not as well?

Maybe the endbells were kept to make a frankenlathe type of drive. i.e. you have a mount for the 2speed gearbox and a way to support a drive shaft.

I have the top half of the 2-piece upper headstock cover, the one used with a lever collet closer, but only the upper part, no collet closer yoke or art deco bars. $30 if it is of any use to you. This one is used on both round and square dial machines, the lower part is what changed.

My in line exciter round dial and my wiad square dial seem to take the same size cover.

16 7/8" X 12 1/4" with the mounting pins 15 1/16" CC

I have 2 aluminium covers without mounting handles or the art deco bars that are this size.
These have openings for ventilation under the bars.

Then I have an iron cover 16 1/4" X 14" and 14 7/16" CC with only 1 mounting handle.
There is no ventilation holes under the missing bars.

I will post photos of the appropriate cover when I am back with the camera.

Bill

Glad you like it. Cast iron isn’t hard to pack, but I can’t get over the number of people who don’t know how. I learned a long time ago to wrap it with cardboard and make corners so that it is a tight fit in the box.

I have the top half of the 2-piece upper headstock cover, the one used with a lever collet closer, but only the upper part, no collet closer yoke or art deco bars. $30 if it is of any use to you. This one is used on both round and square dial machines, the lower part is what changed.

Can i get a picture of that part? I might be able to use it.

Thanks,
Ryan

Back