What's new
What's new

Anyone have this gear for a 1951 10 EE ?

swatkins

Titanium
I'm back on the hunt for a replacement for my motor gearbox.

It's for a 1951 M/G 10 EE and the small gear has been slightly striped because of alignment issues with the shift forks. Probably would be fine with just the gear but a gearbox in good shape would be prefered.

The previous owner was keeping the machine in gear by using a wedge of wood :(

I have found a company in Ohio that has about 8 motor gearbox combos on ebay but they say local pickup. .. If anyone can come up with a solution to my problem I would be grateful.

Attachments

• 20170318_154459[1].jpg
    20170318_154459[1].jpg
    95 KB · Views: 97
I also considered the combos in Ohio, but was sooo scared I would open the gearbox and find the same thing.

We actually are finishing up the manufacture of those this week, if no monkey wrenches are encountered. You can view them on the website or the 'gram. Have two available. One belongs to another forum member already.

We actually are finishing up the manufacture of those this week, if no monkey wrenches are encountered. You can view them on the website or the 'gram. Have two available. One belongs to another forum member already.

I'll take the other one if I don't have to sell my first born :)

( If I do he is going to be pretty pissed at 34 years old :) )

I also considered the combos in Ohio, but was sooo scared I would open the gearbox and find the same thing.

I had sent a message to the seller but have not gotten a reply... IF they were willing to just ship me the gearbox I was going to ask them to open it up and show me a picture first...

Probably little chance of that happening though...

Besides I would rather support Zahnrad :)

Can anyone tell me how that gear is installed... I only have this picture to go on. Bob from KC was working on the machine while I was planning his bridgeport and I just had time to glance at the damage.

Is there more to the part than just the gear with a keyway? How is it fastened to what I assume is a keyed shaft?

Can anyone tell me how that gear is installed... I only have this picture to go on. Bob from KC was working on the machine while I was planning his bridgeport and I just had time to glance at the damage.

Is there more to the part than just the gear with a keyway? How is it fastened to what I assume is a keyed shaft?

It slides on the shaft and is moved to and fro via the shift fork that engages the Bronze shift ring on the other side of the gear. That's why the bull nosing is important. It's also the first part of it to start getting destroyed from abuse.

Headed for your PM now.

52501736_210124136610089_354044387838209787_n.jpg

Back