What's new
What's new

Anyone want a South Bend 1307?

sandiapaul

Titanium
I am putting this here as this model has been discussed in this forum in the past and this lathe is decidedly NOT like the rest of the SB's. If you are not familiar with this model you can do a search on PM, here is one thread:

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/south-bend-lathes/1307-south-bend-129617/

I saw one yesterday, guy says the DC drive works up to about 2000 rpm then kicks off. Looked complete and in decent shape.

here is where it is:
Home

They are located north of Philly, I talked with Stan who is the president, nice guy.

FWIW, maybe someone can get a decent machine for a decent price, sorry I can't recall what the price was exactly, I think he told me $2250.00, it was not more than $2500.

Paul

Wish I could see some pix... one of the shops I worked at had a 1307; IIRC it was actually a pretty good workhorse, and it fit in a spot in that shop that was pretty tight. If I could see pictures I might be interested, but I can't access the pix. Of course, getting it shipped to the other coast might be problematic as well, but because it's "different" doesn't mean it's "bad"; we were making brass cylinders and pistons for a pneumatic system with it, as well as working plastic retrofits for a 50 year old system. Question is... how beat up IS this one?

Not painted yellow, it looks to be orig paint in like I said "decent" shape, not pristine, but pretty nice. If I had the space I would prob go for it.
Call the guy on Monday and see if he will send some pics. Note if you do get pics, don't be alarmed that the tailstock is missing, for some reason it is off the bed and back behind the bed. What looks like a coolant pump, or some round thing is sitting up on the bed where the tailstock should be.

Paul

Back