What's new
What's new

Articulating shelf for 10EE and Rivett 1020S

tailstock4

Cast Iron
I made this thing out of some leftover scraps. It seems to work pretty well so far. It is a little bit of an odd color combination because it was originally on another machine. If someone has an interest, I could supply more details. Because I may have to repaint it, any suggestions for modifications you would make would be welcome.

IMG_0017.jpg IMG_0018.jpg IMG_0019.jpg

Very nicely done. It's always line to have a work surface next to things your working on.
Nice shop with some quality machines.

Hal

Thanks for the comments everyone.

TBJK: You're welcome to borrow whatever you need. Can you share any of your design ideas?

Sure will if I come up with some other things. I’m always glad to share that information.

Good looking setup. Are those multifix holders (Create Tool) or another brand? What size are you using? I'm trying to decide to spend the extra money and go with PeWe Tools or save and go with the Create Tool. Advantages / Disadvantages??

cheers,

Jim

Good looking setup. Are those multifix holders (Create Tool) or another brand? What size are you using? I'm trying to decide to spend the extra money and go with PeWe Tools or save and go with the Create Tool. Advantages / Disadvantages??

cheers,

Jim

Create Tool has been unresponsive for some time, see posts # 18 and 19 in this thread: Experience with Create Tool (Multifix clones) There have been some other threads about this.

I think this is very unfortunate; my experience in the past was that Create Tool had a good quality product, delivered quickly and in the person of Nina Wang was very responsive.

David

cheers,

Jim

This multifix is off of eBay – sino-sd store. The quality seems to be pretty good. They all fit and interchange pretty well. The seller seemed responsive and willing to negotiate on price and shipping with volume. The advantage of these tool holders is they can have different lead in positions with the same tool without having to release the tool post. I also like the height adjustment mechanism of this style of holder.

The only real disadvantage I can see is they can be hard to figure out which one to order. On the 10EE, that is an E-size. The t-nut and inner post are pretty straight forward.

However, it is a different story on my Toolmex Famot 14x40 which has a B-set. There is quite a bit of clearance between top of the compound and the lathe’s centerline due to a low cross-slide height. So it requires a spacer of around 9/16th to get the holders on center. I didn’t want to make this as just a plain spacer due rigidity concerns and the increased likelihood the tool post could move under a heavy load. I came up with what is in the pictures below which solved the height problem and provides some additional space below the tool post spline column which some holders need.

IMG_0037.jpg IMG_0036.jpg IMG_0038.jpg

Back