What's new
What's new

bijur metering $44 each?

lectrician1

Hot Rolled
I thought about replacing the bijur metering units under my cross slide.
i need 4 MJC -00 and 2 MJB-00

I called bijur and they want over $40 apiece for those meters! that's about $250 just for the meters

anyone have any other cheaper way of getting the apron lube system going?

Some of the lines were clogged with gunk

The pump seems to need a rebuild.

is there a way to test the meters that i have?

Thanks
Rich

I thought about replacing the bijur metering units under my cross slide.
i need 4 MJC -00 and 2 MJB-00

I called bijur and they want over $40 apiece for those meters! that's about $250 just for the meters

anyone have any other cheaper way of getting the apron lube system going?

Some of the lines were clogged with gunk

The pump seems to need a rebuild.

is there a way to test the meters that i have?

Thanks
Rich

Talk to Dave at Fluidline systems.

IIRC MJ series are replaced by FJ, and fluidline has them for $17 each. Again IIRC the difference is the pump pressure required but unless lots of meter points are on the same pump as per Dave it should be ok. I have exactly this same issue with a van norman I’m working on now.

FWIW i took an old bad meter unit, drilled it out and threaded it into an Air fitting, so I can blow out lines (gently!) with compressed air.

This will allow you to test but not clean meter units. I’ve had some luck washing out with lacquer thinner but not always, some units are plugged.

Still have some if you need them.
I remember Monarch wasn’t that expensive; I think 3 years ago Terrie quoted around $24 each for one, and something like $17 for the other. I may be off...

You can have the ones you need for $15 each, if you’re interested. I’ll keep the rest for my own spares, just in case!

I have successfully cleaned those meters by soaking them in a now banned non flammable solvent for a few days, then with an easily rigged up manifold, pushed solvent through the meters using about 20lbs or so air pressure.

I have successfully cleaned those meters by soaking them in a now banned non flammable solvent for a few days, then with an easily rigged up manifold, pushed solvent through the meters using about 20lbs or so air pressure.

1,1,1 trichloroethane used to fix a lotta stuff like that… :rolleyes5: We should all be dead by now as much as it was used???

After way too much patience I did manage to get all the meters cleaned on my devlieg 2b by using kerosene/spindle oil mix and a high pressure oil gun (like a grease gun). Squeeze a while, leave to do something else, rinse & repeat. Never busted a line though.

I thought then if it ever happened again I’d make up parts needed so I could just remove the meters, take them to a diesel shop & put ‘em on the injector cleaner.

Good luck
Matt

i will take you up on that offer. So far it seems 3 of the six are working. So i might need only 3 MJC-00
i am soaking the non working ones now in some lacquer thinner. I will know more tomorrow and i will send you a PM
thanks
Rich

Nice! I wish I would have figured that out when I did mine!
I imagine crossing #s can be done on McMaster’s website?

I imagine crossing #s can be done on McMaster’s website?
I'm not sure what you mean.

It's been years, but most (if not all) of the fittings on my round-dial 10EE have UNF 5/16-24 threads both ends (which work with the compression fittings). I just ordered the same metering number that was on the existing metering units. I think this is the version that I ordered: McM part 2293k11. IIRC, the original fittings had a different shape to the inlet end, but the McM fittings work just fine. Most of the lines are an odd size, either 3/32 or 5/32, and the compression sleeves are not a common hardware store item. Someone here gave me enough sleeves to replace mine.

Cal

i bought everything from fluid line systems 419-535-1313
my machine came with MJC-00 and MJB-00
those models are discontinued
I replaced with FJC-00 part number B3314
and FJB-00 part number B2494
about $15 each

Call LUBE USA (Full Disclosure) I work there. We do a lot of crossover parts from Bijur, and can probably help you out. Fluid Line is one of our customers I believe so they are also a great resource. You can test the meters by firing the pump with the line disconnected and confirm lubricant is flowing. If its a PDI meter your probably looking at less than 20 per line, and if it is SLR probably less than 10 just depending on model. If the pump is intermittent, and SLR than those metering units have filters built in and are typically recommended to be replaced yearly if the machine is heavily used, or mayber 2 years if light use.

Back