What's new
What's new

Bijur pump repair

focusrsh

Aluminum
I have the Bijur carriage pump apart. Is there suppose to be an actual piston of some sort on the end of the 1/8" rod, or is the rod itself the piston?
In the photo, there is a small metal washer and some kind of rubber washer. I'm embarrassed to say that I don't remember where they came from when I took the pump apart. I think they were under the input check-valve. Anyone else disassembled one of these?
BTW, I've cleaned both check relief valves and they seemed to work well against compressed air.
IMG_6091.jpg

I can’t remember specifically since it has been almost 2 years since I had mine apart, but as I remember the parts all fit together pretty obviously. The o-ring probably only has one place it can go. The pin is the piston. I was amazed at the pressure the little pump put out after 60 years. I replaced the disgusting felt with soft felt sheet I had from McMaster, maybe F10? You will likely have to replace the Bijur meterers in the carriage and saddle as well. I attached mine to the electric one shot Oiler on my mill and I think all but one were completely blocked.

This thread covers the metering units and some pump issues.

10EE Oil Pump Operation and Flow????

The rubber washer may fit under the suction check valve. Compressed air is a bit extreme to test this check valve.
I normally make sure it will open freely with mouth suction, and when seated checking for leakage by suction on the other side.

Back