What's new
What's new

Couple of 10EE saddle rebuild questions

Jdub63

Aluminum
I started tearing down my saddle today, but I ran into a couple of issues.

1. The oil supply line is broken. Based on the attached picture, what is your thoughts on trimming up the end and replacing the ferrule? I might have enough length to make it work. Is this a normal fitting / ferrule? 5/32 tubing?

2. I’m also missing the cross slide dust cover. Anyone have an extra? Or, a picture with dimensions so I can make one?

Thanks,

Jim

Attachments

• E6DC0850-0E62-4D0C-A989-B51170B5BA9D.jpg
    E6DC0850-0E62-4D0C-A989-B51170B5BA9D.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 61
Round Dial?

Its easy to make a brass coupling and solder a broken oil line back together or to extend a line that is too short. I think the last time I needed to do it, I just bored a piece of ¼" brass rod a few thou. bigger than the oil line then soldered it. Just make sure no solder gets into the tube. I did that with a piece of steel drill rod same dia. as the inside of the tube, then pulled it out as soon as the job was done. If your lathe is not running, it is a job that is still easy to do on the lathe: just put a ¼" collet in and turn the spindle by hand, applying pressure from the tailstock. I've had to do that a few times... Its called bootstrapping ;<)

Thanks for the replies.

I'm on the hunt for a 5/16 24 street elbow. I think a 90 right out of the manifold would make up any lost line and would remove that severe radius on the line going into the manifold. I found a ferrule at Fluidline, but they come in packs of 50 :rolleyes5:

I'm not missing the rear cover, I'm missing the front one. But that is a pretty slick rear cover.

btw, this is a Square Dial.

thanks,

Jim

Back