What's new
What's new

Craigslist Monarch 10EE

Steve NB

Aluminum
Just curious if anyone knows the story on the Monarch 10EE that's been listed in the Los Angeles Craigslist for a really long time. Refers to the compund base needing a repair.

Just wondering if it's worth going to check out...

Thanks

The story is he wants as much for a broken machine as you could buy a good running machine. he sent me pictuers sometime ago and what the machine needs is a new cross slide as the top is broken ken

I went to look at this 10EE about a year and a half ago. I was not impressed. According to the seller, the lathe was purchased by its previous owner from a company for his home shop. Apparently he never ran the machine. When I saw the machine, it was crowded up against a wall with lots of stuff too close by in order to allow a decent inspection. It is an MG unit but I don't know what voltage it is set up for.
Bob

My experience matches Ken's. The circular t-slot in the cross slide that mounts the compound has been cracked and pulled out completely. It needs a new cross slide made for it. He was not interested in discussing prices that would have reflected this damage.

Same over here. got some pictres from him (starting my 10ee quest) and what would scare me the most is wondering how the hedoublehockeysticks that type of damage could have happened and what else may have been discreetly affected.....

Back