Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Cross slide handle needed for 10EE square dial

Some vandal took the handle and I need to source either an original or an exact replacement for a square dial 10EE cross slide. I don't need the dial, unless the vandal has been at it again. I don't have a handle to reference when searching for a replacement, so I need some help here.

Thank you.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Since I was unable to find the info online, forum member rimcanyon helpfully provided the dimensions of the original cross slide crank:

The crank handle is about 3” between centers of the two balls. The bore is .4375” (7/16”) and the thickness is .805”.

The handles used on Delta woodworking tools like a 6” jointer are the right size, except they are bored too large and are pot metal.

MSC sells some but they don’t look quite right, and would still need to be bored:

Crank Handles Type: Solid Handle Bore 7741561 - MSC

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Give Monarch a call, they often have used parts on hand and they're not too expensive.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Glug View Post
    Since I was unable to find the info online, forum member rimcanyon helpfully provided the dimensions of the original cross slide crank:

The crank handle is about 3” between centers of the two balls. The bore is .4375” (7/16”) and the thickness is .805”.

The handles used on Delta woodworking tools like a 6” jointer are the right size, except they are bored too large and are pot metal.

MSC sells some but they don’t look quite right, and would still need to be bored:

Crank Handles Type: Solid Handle Bore 7741561 - MSC
    I'd not waste any time on searching for a jury-rig. Just DIY 'anything' you can operate the cross with 'for temporary' - HD shiney-wood and a cabinet knob if need be - then MAKE a new one, proper-like.

A 10EE is after all, a right decent lathe.

And you don't need even the jury-rig 'til it is otherwise in running order.

Bill