What's new
What's new

Dro mount ideas: Monarch 10ee

Mac007

Aluminum
Hello all, I am installing a new Acu-Rite DRO 203 for use on my Monarch 10EE.

I am looking for Suggestions.
Is it best to have a Free Standing Mount for the Display Unit?
I am wondering if this is important to isolate the Display from the Machine.
Example; Even though the Display is connected to a separate 110Volt outlet, is it still advisable to completely isolate the unit from the machine and its DC drive?
And to Isolate it from any machine Vibrations, even though very minor?

This is my first DRO, so excuse my ignorance please :)

If its safe to mount the DRO Mounting Arm to the Machine, then how is this done. Do folks drill and tap the backside of the machine where there appear to be some Flat Bosses in the HeadStock casting & mount a Riser and then mount the DRO Swing arm to the riser???

Also what is the “Normal” Axis associated with the Carriage, and for the Cross Feed? Example: Carriage Travel = “Z”, and Crossfeed = X or Y?

I’m so excited about this Mint Condition 10EE and this new DRO!!

Kind Regards, Ken

My 10EE has a bracket on the boss opposite to the control switch boss on the front. That bracket supports a vertical post that turns horizontally to support the DRO. I have a bracket for the lamp and another bracket for the chuck guard mounted on the vertical part of the post.
92a5e524eb2f904645c1adbbdd96ab54.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got the Newall kit ordered for mine just last week, so I’m all ears on this thread! I really like that idea rklopp; I was thinking of mounting it to the wall behind my lathe.

Mac007
If you use the flat pad on the backside of the headstock. Check before you drill,part of the pad is thinner and some holes will be thru holes. If I remember correctly.

Hal

Mac007
If you use the flat pad on the backside of the headstock. Check before you drill,part of the pad is thinner and some holes will be thru holes. If I remember correctly.

Hal
Hal, Thanks, That is something I was concerned about. I can take pictures but I think there are 2 flats on the back side, I wish you could know how thick the casting is in those areas, ( of course without drilling through first!)

I wish I had a photo of the backside of mine, but I do not, and I am in Hawaii at the moment, whereas the machine is in Silicon Valley. I did not mount the bracket to the headstock, some prior owner did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mounted mine on the wall behind the machine. The mount has a long arm, so it works out well. I have it plugged into an electric outlet on the back side of the machine that gets power when the machine is turned on.

Back