What's new
What's new

DSG 13 x 30 electrical drawing wanted

jeffers

Cast Iron
Hi all,
Does anyone have an electrical diagram for a DSG type 13-1 440v 50 Hz 1957 era lathe?

Thanks in advance!
Jon

thumbnail_IMG_6482 (1).jpg

I dont have anything but happy to give you photos of my 55 - 56 415v three-phase machines original electrics. Its a round top with an iron cover.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Thanks! Do the electrics resemble my picture?
I am trying to figure out what the transformer mounted on the back of the contactor board is for, it seems too big just to power the worklight

Yes, I posted there already but no response. I have been through that thread a few times!
I thought this forum was the best place because of the Monarch relationship with DSG.
It would be good to get a definite spot for DSG info to centralize it.

Its hard to see much with such a small photo, but looks like someone has been in there before based on the new contactor. They're fairly simple - did your find the scanned manual floating around on the net? If I remember it has an electrical diagram. It matched mine well, but of course you have to figure it out as there is no guarantee any diagram is the same as yours. Here's before and after shots of mine if t helps

vCb3iak.jpg

Lp54rhS.jpg

Hi Mcgyver,
You have a great website, lots of information to go through there.
I tried your link but it did not work.
I will PM my email to you if you wouldn't mind sending the file there.
It looks like your electrical arrangement is similar although more modern in layout.
I am trying to figure out t=what the large transformer is behind the main panel, I think it is just to supply the work light which needs 220/240v but whithout a neutral I don't think they could use phase to ground?

Hi McGuyver,

Your message inbox is full so cannot PM you my email address.
Can you please send the file to jonjeffreys at hotmail.com ?

Best,

Jon

sorry about the extremely delayed response. With so many forums I check a few regularly. No doubt by now you've solved the problem, but the link above is fixed if anyone in future is looking for it

Back