What's new
What's new

Ebay 10EE parts I left behind...

TheOldCar

Stainless
Monarch EE Lathe Base, Bed, Guard & More Parts SUPER SUPER CHEAP | eBay

SUPER nice guy who is selling stuff lightning fast. This lathe was being professionally rebuilt; due to various issues including assuming no more parts could be found (multiple locations being emptied), I bought all I could see just for spare parts, but ended up leaving the main casting and bed as I realized I couldn't safely put them on my trailer with all of the other stuff I loaded (surface grinder & a Manufacturing 10EE parts machine).

He has found a few more parts, including the painted side covers and trim, a tailstock quill and other bits, as the eBay pictures show.

When I got there for the original listing, all that we could find besides the main casting and bed was random parts boxes, the main gearbox and the headstock. No drive system, no carriage, lots of other stuff incomplete.

My parts boxes ended up being better than I expected, but lots of freshly stripped, filled & primed pieces that are bare, with none of the innards. Biggest surprise when I actually unwrapped everything and realized the I/M gearbox and many NOS parts. If one of us here buys what is left, I would love to know the serial number and whatever other parts are hiding in that box.

Congrats on getting the I/M box-that was the deal of the century! Its a real shame that lathe can't be put back together...if I were in your shoes, for that price, and if the drive wasn't that far, I would keep collecting parts from the seller...who knows, the carriage and other parts might turn up yet.

Dude, that’s what I’m fretting about now. It’s 8-1/2 hours one way, but he’s finding more parts. :(. I hate to see such a lathe separated!
I wouldn’t even have to machine/notch the casting to fit I/M gearbox.

Wife says “don’t go again!”

...and no downtime while trying to fit the I/M box on your EE! The drive to go get it is tough, but the possibility of getting a late model I/M 10EE for such a minimal investment would be awesome-you could always cannibalize another EE? Maybe put the motor-generator setup out of the mfg EE you purchased in it if they don't come up with the drive?

Hopefully your other half can go along with it...we're rooting for you!

Back