What's new
What's new

eBay I/M 10EE Constant Surface Speed?

That is interesting, it has the controller of their wacky but deadly accurate chucker, interfaced with the Regenerative Drive. It an inch/metric, the third lever Feeds/threads is not there because its not needed.
If one wants the ultimate Monarch 10ee electrical challenge, this is it.

Maybe they added the last zero on the price by accident. If it doesn't run, it's called a dead lathe.
Also it's in Chula Vista. I would presume it was a Navy lathe that has been sitting in a un-enviromentally controlled building (if lucky). Then the "machinery dealer" bought their junk for scrap price (50 cents a lbs.).

A person would be much better off to consider this lathe.

MONARCH 10EE LATHE LONG BED (RARE) | eBay

DualValve

There are a fair number of flags on that lathe description that would make me look very carefully at it before purchase.

The mention ELSR but there is no ELSR controls or hardware. If you don't have that it doesn'tmatter when the drive has, the lathe doesn't have ELSR

It looks to be a Modular drive but the tailstock is from an earlier WiaD machine.

Max spindle speed is listed as 3000-3500 RPM. Weird range, 10EEs were supplied as 2500 or 4000 rpm machines. Makes me suspect that the drive isn't working in a reduced field at the high end and so the HP is less than the original drive.

Hello all, I am new to this group.

I went and looked at this lathe. It is in very rough shape and it doesn't run. The fellow who owns the surplus house is a nice enough fellow but thinks he's sitting on a gold bar. He turned down what I thought was a pretty reasonable offer so I think he's prepared to sit on this a long while (years?).

I took a quick look at the schematics. It has a feed motor in the apron and the outer knob of the selected concentric knob just sets the speed of the feed motor. The inner knob sets the spindle speed (independently)

Its got about 10 years of grime on it but everything does seem to move.

Back