What's new
What's new

EE footprint measurements needed please.

Peter.

Titanium
I'm collecting my machine this week but I have no access to it and I need some measurements if someone would oblige. If anyone could run a tape over their machine for me that would be great. I just need A,b,c,d from the diagram below, just roughly - give or take an inch please.

footprint.gif

While I cannot provide the stated measurements, please bear in mind that the functional footprint must necessarily be extended on the left side, back, and right sides by reason of installed accessories, and other specifics.

In general, as supplied by Monarch Machine Tool, the back has a fusible safety switch external to the machine's base, but is more-or-less permanently attached to it, and which is, for safety purposes, the machine's electrical disconnect. In some cases, this important safety function has been removed and which has been relocated to an immediately adjacent structure, such as a wall.

The left side access is generally variable, over a reasonably small range, depending upon the spindle motor frame size (large frame, 3 HP Reliance; small frame 3 HP Reliance; 5 HP small frame General Electric, etcetera).

The right side access is widely variable, depending upon the drive type (essentially by zero for Sundstrand, M-G and Modular machines, and by a very significant amount for the slide-out "Works in a Drawer" machines).

There is no instance that I am aware of, where a 10EE has essentially "zero clearance" on any of its four exposed faces.

Thanks Pete,

I need the footprint so I can fabricate a steel sled to fit the base and winch it along a narrow dirt alleyway. I have some 6 inch wide 3/8" steel in long lengths that I will roll the ends on and weld into a 3-skid sled (2 long and one short for under the front left of the base) and I will weld lugs on the sides for lorry straps to secure the sled to the base and I can also put timber blocks under the straps on the front to protect the dials and levers. The steel is on site and I have to torch it up to transport it. I'd like to get this sled done before I collect the machine.

That's great - just what I needed, thanks! I'll add an inch to all of them and make my sled.

I'm not sure if you are already planning for this but thw EE's sit on 3 points so all of its weight will be on those 3 small areas. They also like to tip forward. I would mahe your sled a little wider than 1 inch+.... Or at least make sure the dirt path is free of holes, bumps and soft-spots.

Thanks for that Marti - I have brought home a wacker plate (ground compactor) to run up and down the ground. It's very soft right now but I'll get it good enough for this witht he wacker. I already moved a small mill and a lathe - each just either side of half a ton - up the ally on wheels but that was when the ground was harder. The Monarch is heavier than both of those together though, so wheels are out for that. I have borrowed some 6-ton skates to move it on the paved areas. Should be ok.

Can't go wider I'm afraid as there's a 90-degree turn to negotiate.

Back