What's new
What's new

Getting oil from apron to saddle

mjf46

Plastic
Having fun cleaning up the '41 10EE

I found an oil line pinched off on the right side of the apron. Is it suppose to feed the saddle?

2020_02.jpg

Yes, it's pretty dirty inside.

2020.jpg

What's a good approach for building up the power cross feed shaft?

worn shaft.jpg

-Matthew

You have a graduated dial on the apron feed. Those are beyond rare. This is only the second one that I recall seeing here. What's the serial number and build date for the machine?

Cal

Hi Cal,

Here is my serial number:
Serial number.jpg

Chatting with Monarch they told me it was originally purchased by the British Purchasing Authority in 1941

It definitely shows it's age and it seems the saddle was fitted with new bearing surfaces. Notice the lack of oil groove.

Bottom of Saddle.jpg

Having fun cleaning up the '41 10EE

What's a good approach for building up the power cross feed shaft?

View attachment 279584

-Matthew

There's a fellow flogging a bunch of 10EE parts on eBay, you might check with them.

Failing that repair should be pretty easy - look to see if the part's shaft was pressed into the square bit or if the whole puppy was turned from solid. If from solid it's just machining, if pressed it's pretty simple to pull it and press a new shaft in. If you want to minimize time you could turn off the bad bit and stick on new.

So somewhere from 1/2 an hour to a few hours depending on approach.

Got one. It was chromed and reground for a restoration that never happened. That said, it does have the hole already drilled on the skinny end, so it might not line up exactly.
PM your address and I’ll send it to you.41D87216-ABE9-4640-831D-65B0F7B6DDF4.jpg

Back