What's new
What's new

Help With A Broken Forum Thread on Drum Switch

Shiseiji

Aluminum
Waiting on "stuff" and continuing my education such as I can. Figure I can clean later :)
The original thread is here
The link in the thread is broken, anyone recognize the information and where it can be found now?
---
The drum switch in the headstock is a common failure point on older machines.

The procedures for removing and checking this switch is in the archives, Here.

TIA

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
You could try using the forum search tool (link) to search the Monarch forum for posts by peterh5322 and jump backwards until you get to posts prior to that one.

In theory, this Google search string "site:https://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/monarch-lathes/ peterh5322" coupled with a custom date range should find all of Peter's posts prior to that date, but the "world's premier search engine" only finds a handful of his posts, I guess it isn't what it used to be...

If you can find the missing link, I'll fix it.

Cal

Peter's comment was here in 2007:
Another 10EE not starting problem.

But not sure he's linking anything he wrote personally. He said "in archives". From Peter's profile I checked threads he started from 2007 and before and didn't notice what he described.

Maybe someone knows a different link to troubleshoot the drum switch in headstock of older machines.

Peter's quote for a point of reference:

The drum switch in the headstock is a common failure point on older machines.

The procedures for removing and checking this switch is in the archives, Here.

On an ELSR-equipped machines, the procedure is quite different, although the circuit schematic diagram is essentially the same.

The switch must be in neutral for the control or M-G to start, after which time the switch may be operated to select FWD or REV, or STOP/BRAKE.

This was troubleshooting guide research, not a known issue on my 10EE. The forum application changes I've been aware of from other searches over the years. Didn't think to try by user name. I used Google site search for another topic, "exciter belt" replacement, but so far have been unsuccessful.

Back