What's new
What's new

Help! Cross Slide Gib EE-2054 Needed

Will McRay

Aluminum
Hello everyone,

My 10EE project is nearing its end and today as I was installing the cross slide i noticed the small end of the gib was broke. I don't know how much was broke off, but I can't adjust the gib properly. I looked on ebay and no luck. I was wondering if anyone may have a spare they want to part with. I have no idea what Monarch will charge for one of these..

Thanks in advance and my finger are crossed.

R/S
Will
75241181_10220544912236580_8466799163818901504_n.jpg

Yeah, that is going to be a problem. These are all custom fit after the ways are scraped. It would be extremely lucky if you actually found one that fit. I'd start searching for someone to make one for you....or do it yourself.

Hello everyone,

My 10EE project is nearing its end and today as I was installing the cross slide i noticed the small end of the gib was broke. I don't know how much was broke off, but I can't adjust the gib properly. I looked on ebay and no luck. I was wondering if anyone may have a spare they want to part with. I have no idea what Monarch will charge for one of these..

Thanks in advance and my finger are crossed.

R/S
Will
View attachment 269659

Member focusrsh has a cross-slide give that had a chunk added to the end (unknown why). You might be able to do something similar:
EE17454 IMG_5955.jpg

Cal

This is a great idea. Monarch wants $500 for a new gib then it has to be cut to length and scraped in. I’m gonna look into this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Would anyone know the overall length of the gib?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not trying to be shitty here, but you need to come to terms with concept that you may be in over your head here when asking that question. Its not so much the overall length of the gib but the fitment of the gib inbetween the the slide and the ways. At the end of the day the length may be the "same" but the fitment will dictate how much longer the fat end extends verses the thin end. The gib needs to be fitted to the ways and the opposing ends trimmed to compliment that fitment. Does that explanation make sense?

Pretty sure it depends on which cross slide you have, and like rakort mentioned, the fitting of your particular gib/cross slide/saddle way.
There are at least three different length cross slides/lengths from the factory.
Have a long one apart right now, the cross slide measures 14-9/16" and the gib is 14-3/16".

not trying to be shitty here, but you need to come to terms with concept that you may be in over your head here when asking that question. Its not so much the overall length of the gib but the fitment of the gib inbetween the the slide and the ways. At the end of the day the length may be the "same" but the fitment will dictate how much longer the fat end extends verses the thin end. The gib needs to be fitted to the ways and the opposing ends trimmed to compliment that fitment. Does that explanation make sense?

Sure does, hence the reason to ask the question of an overall length. Need to know a starting point to procure material before machining. If I sound like an idiot so be it.

Pretty sure it depends on which cross slide you have, and like rakort mentioned, the fitting of your particular gib/cross slide/saddle way.
There are at least three different length cross slides/lengths from the factory.
Have a long one apart right now, the cross slide measures 14-9/16" and the gib is 14-3/16".

Thank you for that information. I really appreciate it.

Back