What's new
What's new

Help me with what this is?

Will McRay

Aluminum
Not sure what this is. Can some one help?

9e5aa89f40de6bd106a6989fba17f8b7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is probably just used as a connection box, to keep the electrical wire safe and mouse proof.
Open it up and have a look.

Hal

If its not used (no wires in it) the previous machinist probably hid his lunch money in there. ;)

Just a guess( mine is inside) it is a 120V step down control transformer that was used to power the main contactor board, plugs for a worklight, blower fan, and a host of protection solenoids, backgear, and spindle lock. Now if your original drive has been scrapped, it is superfluous. And it might be just an empty box.....:rolleyes5:

Just a guess( mine is inside) it is a 120V step down control transformer that was used to power the main contactor board, plugs for a worklight, blower fan, and a host of protection solenoids, backgear, and spindle lock. Now if your original drive has been scrapped, it is superfluous. And it might be just an empty box.....:rolleyes5:

Best answer yet. Thank you. The lathe is all original so I guess the transformer still has a purpose.

Will

Who says if it has stuff going to it if you haven’t opened it? Those boxes usually have rear knockouts.

There could be wires coming in from the sides you can’t see.

I got the original order on the lathe and I did not see a light but I seem to have had a coolant pump so I assume that pump was fed by that transformer.

Thank you for the additional education!

Will

Back