What's new
What's new

How many 3 point follow rests were maed for monarch 10ee's?

Brett by Portland

Hot Rolled
I listed one of my surplus monarch 10ee follow rests (image below) on e-bay, and cannot remember having seen any factory photos of the various configurations of 10ee follow rests. I have at least 3 different styles, 2 of which have carbide inserts, but this monster must have been made for oversize or heavy stock as it's range is 3/8" to 2 & 3/4".

Does anyone have a scan of a 10 ee accessory (if one exists?) brochure picturing these units. I have plenty of 10ee literature, but little data on accessories.

Brett
IMG_0078.jpg

I don't know, I have a 2 fingered one. I put in a bid on your 3 fingered one, but probably will get blown out of the water. :bawling: I really would like one of those carbide ones.

Would you guys find a pic of my collection of 3 point follow rests side by side? I know I have at least 3 different styles, My favorite one has tiny clamp fingers that grip little (1/8" or so) sections of carbide round bar.
I will try and assemble them all together and snap a pic and post it here. I am very curious as I had mentioned, if and where Monarch published the various follow rest configurations.
Brett

Brett

I did a search and came up with "follow rest question" by clampman it shows pictures of several different kinds.

If you get a chance post a pictures of yours.

Hal

That's a style I've never seen. Some years ago I posted a message with pictures of those I knew, I can't find it even with Google's site search. Here are the images I still have.

This is the nicest - robust and has carbide rods in the fingers. Makes cutting long ACME a breeze:

10ee_nifty_followrest.jpg

This is from a brochure and is the second nicest one I have:

follow_rest.jpg

This is (I think) the rarest type for the 10EE. Kind of art deco, I had a line on one once but some guy in Dallas snatched it away at the last moment:

follow_rest2.jpg

This is the most common, the 2 leg rest:

10ee_2leg_follow.jpg

Russ

If you get a chance could you post pictures of your MONARCH too; post and Monarch tool holders.
I know you've post them before but I can't seem to find them.

Thanks

Hal

I wouldn't guess that was a factory Monarch modification. They would have painted it.

Someone had a DRO on their lathe and made it fit.

Hal

I have a two point rest (far right in Brett's image above) that has been cut off in exactly the same way as the unit in the auction. Cut surface looks exactly the same. I have a DRO on my machine so it saved me any modification when I got it.

Back