What's new
What's new

Howdy! finally an owner of a 10EE and need 1 part

Old fart

Aluminum
Hi I am after 26 years of looking the proud owner of serial number 9928 10EE. The lathe is in mint condition, the ways are nearly perfect and it is still looking real good in it's second paint job. From all apearences this lathe was very well taken care of and 99% un adultrated. I have been the proud owner of a 1942 KK (raised) for 25 years and love and am a loyal monarch head! I have taken the time to try to read most of this Monarch thread and am glad that I am part of this gang of you that are loyal as well.

I need 1 part that is missing from my lathe and that is the right end bottom door. If any of you can help me out it would be appreciated.

"I need 1 part that is missing from my lathe and that is the right end bottom door. If any of you can help me out it would be appreciated."

I can't help either, but a serviceable replacement could be made from MDF using a straight router bit with a follower bearing.

Hello and welcome!

I can't help you with your part either, but I am missing one of the vertical bars off my lower left end casing and I was going to do as Peterh suggested by making one from MDF or ally strip.

I am also going to buy a DRO for this lathe very soon here. Right now it's down to a Newall dp 700 or a 200s Acu-rite

Any coments on either of these?
Also is there a thread somewhere here on how to post up pics on here? I will share some pics of the new baby.

Here is what I found. One cover is broken and in bad shape. The other two are OK. The one on the left is cast iron.

Attachments

• DSC00207.jpg
    DSC00207.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 265
  • DSC00208.jpg
    DSC00208.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 251
  • DSC00209.jpg
    DSC00209.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 221
The one that is broke looks like the one that fits mine.Thanks for lookin Alain. Thermite mine has been converted to a 3hp Lincoln with an ABB drive.

I have one like the one that is broken, picture attached. It is cast iron. Dimensions are 19" x 18". PM me if you are interested. I also have a front door, from a 1942 MG lathe.

Attachments

• IMG_1023.jpg
    IMG_1023.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 165
Thermite and gang... today I spent 58 bones on a chunk of 1/2" 6061. and made the door it turned out very nice. looks like factory l to r=16.25 and top to bottom is 14.125. I did a .375 radius cut in the mill on the sides and hand blended the round corners. Looks tits! Thanks for the help and for lookin!

Oh for you that are really in the know on these 10EE's the dealer/ rebuilder that I got mine from was somewhat exstatic that this machine was the very first and only 10EE that they have ever seen that had Timkin bearings in the head stock. Is this why it is nearly silent when the back gear and the lead screw are not engaged? even at 2500 rpm.

Thermite. please give me some time here and I will make attempt #1 at posting up some pics. I am an old bastid and in the next 45 days will be working 39 11 hr. days. I do agree that the TS end will be the cleanest for the intake.

Alain do you have enough stuff to make a new rebuilt EE? if so I am looking for my next project ... do you want to sell? Thermite the reason my rebuilder knows about the timkins is that they are absolute experts on and love the 10 EE's they flush and refill all the box's as they get them. They own the lowest serial number EE that I know of and have been privy to the great aspects of the EE for many many many years. when I picked mine up they turned me on to a super old round dial that spun 4500 RRRR's.

Back