What's new
What's new

I/M gearbox with only two levers ?????

From the '78 brochure, I don't have any other details:

10ee_infinitely_variable_feed.png
10ee_electric_variable_feed.png

(On edit: I have a couple of blueprints that detail the apron with this feed, including a Lovejoy connection, so the drive passes through the conduit. But there's no detail on how the motor in the base is mounted and controlled.)

Yes, raved about on the Hardinge, but didn't catch on with the ee. I found for "myself" using a Hardinge HC, the electronic feed is not so hot.
And, this one has the "George Jetson" multiple setting drive, and feed controller console also used on their ultra precision chucker with the round ways. This machine also has the regenerative solid state drive, noting that this feature crossed on over from the module drive.
That would be a great challenge for the termite or other Brainiac, that farts electrons.

From the '78 brochure, I don't have any other details:

10ee_infinitely_variable_feed.png
10ee_electric_variable_feed.png

(On edit: I have a couple of blueprints that detail the apron with this feed, including a Lovejoy connection, so the drive passes through the conduit. But there's no detail on how the motor in the base is mounted and controlled.)

So never having seen a late model 10EE in the flesh, this is a pure guess. I am thinking the round knob next to the apron hand wheel is like on any other 10EE: it moves in and out and selects feed left, thread and feed right, and probably has a mechanical interlock to prevent engaging the halfnuts when feed is selected. The five knobs on the control are double knobs, the outer controls spindle speed and the inner selects feeding speed. the fifth knob controls spindle speed and feed speed in reverse. The other four are presets for forward, and are selected with the 1-4 switch. It would take some getting used to...

Back