What's new
What's new

Inherited 10EE - what to do

Krizalid

Plastic
Hello everyone, My first post so i apologize in advance for anything wrong -
I have just inherited a large amount of machine tools as it was my fathers hobby.
Unfortuneatly, I dont have any room for them and lack any deep knowlege of his tools - so I am looking at forums for information on, and how to sell:(.

One of these is a 10ee. I am wondering if you would have any more information on this model as I beleive that this has an extended bed and some other things that differ.

any help would be greatly appreciated as this is quite overwhelming.

IgWPAZJ.jpeg

TwccwLm.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG-5715.jpg
    IMG-5715.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 60
Best thing is to check ebay for similar items to see what people are asking.
I also check completed listings on ebay to see how much an item sold for or if it didn't sell.
That Monarch with the extended bed in its present condition should fetch at least $10k with minimal tooling included.
If there is a fair amount of tooling, you should ask for more.
Send me a pm if you want some more info and you would like to talk on the phone.

If it is still under power you might pay a lathe guy to come over and check it out, everything works, the waya Look good/bad stuff like that.

Just sitting wo=ith no power id is an "As Is" machine.

Hi,

Where are you in NJ? I'm in Montclair, and already have a 10ee but perhaps could help you assess at least the basics of what you have and what condition it is in.

-Phil

Thank you all for your replies so far, It is really great to see how helpful the community is. I know that my dad used this forum, but I dont know if he was an active member. I will definately reach out via PM to you both Branden and lectrician1.

wEBL7ld.jpeg

Lzm8fGh.jpeg

Sorry about your Dad. He was a man of Impeccable taste and obviously must have had some serious skills. I wish that I could justify more equipment as this would be an amazing addition. I'm sure you'll do well on the sale. Have you ever thought of taking up machining as hobby?? You'd be well ahead at this point. Good Luck. Don

I wonder if he marked his collets as they gauged in the holder..I used to do that by finding where they ran best and market them..Most often a holder will run out .0002 or What?, and the collet will do the same so you mark them where they even out.

Very likely the lathe is in good condition.

Yes, sorry to hear of your dad's passing.

My son has suggested that I start getting rid of tools and machines..because he knows nothing about their value. My wife would just call the scrap man and likely pay to have things gone..

Sorry for your loss. I would also agree, it looks like a nice machine. I wish I could have been that lucky. When my time comes, I hope my kids can keep what collection I have built over the years.

WOW! That is an awesome and very sought after lathe. Like everyone has already said, the longer 30" bed is rare and desirable.

From the picture, I would say it looks to be in good condition and has decent tooling with it.

Regular square dial machine in good shape seem to sell for around $6k on eBay. The long beds are quite rare so its difficult to compare past sales of them but I would think it could fetch $8-12k depending on shape. The Monarch tool cabinet is also pretty rare and will add value.

Don't settle for people trying to low ball you and take advantage of your situation. A 30" 10ee is one of the most desirable lathes out there.

Sorry for your loss, your dad had fine taste in machine tools. Just for reference: I paid $13,000 15 years ago for a 30" that did not have as much tooling as what you are showing in the photos. I would ask 15 to 18k if everything functions well and the machine cuts straight.

Thanks again for everyones help and all of you who have reached out to me via PM. Very insightful to know about this machine and to hear about all the different versions. As much as I would like to keep this I do not have much time and am currently based in Tokyo so it is basically impossible to hold on :(.

OT: Other topics

Re: based in Tokyo ..so what can you tell us about Military conditions there. With China rattling swords?

Don't tell anything that might get you in trouble.

Buck

The lathe..you might ask if a PM guy could go have a look..or make an offer.
It seems PM guys hold them higher than the open market

Two years ago two were offered here ( just a couple miles away) for $1800 each, and a group of three very good condition EEs were on Michigan craigslist for around $6 to $8K (not the long bed).

Not under power would make a harder sell for that best price. If I had it I might ask a local matching seller to broker it for me.

OT: Other topics

Re: based in Tokyo ..so what can you tell us about Military conditions there. With China rattling swords?

Don't tell anything that might get you in trouble.

Buck

The lathe..you might ask if a PMguy could go have a look..or make an offer.
It seems PM guys hold the higher than the open market

Two years ago two were offered here ( just a couple miles away) for $1800 each, and a group of three very good condition machines were on Michigan craigslist for around $6 to $8K (not the long bed).

Not under power would make a harder sell for that best price. If I had it I might ask a local matching seller to broker t for me.

Haha, sorry im not military wrong choice in wording, however there has always been a strong concern in regards to Chinese aggression -and China is in no way favored here.

The machine definately works as there are several other tools in the workshop as well ( a bridgeport and a DoAll 16" vert and some others) - the 10ee was the most prized of his hah.

Back