What's new
What's new

Lodge & Shipley 16-A parts source

Berferd

Plastic
We have a lathe, to set a manufacturing date it has serial number 40586, and am in need of the brass clutch pads that engage the headstock.
Is there a source, or are there plans to follow?
Thanks,

You could see if you do any good adjusting it. The "A" was made for years and years - yours may be later than what this page is telling you

Pg05.jpg

40586 is from 70 years ago - you can likely count on there being neither "plans or sources" - at least at some low cost

The way to do that is to take it apart and make your own "plans" for what ever is needed.

Thanks for the info. It formalizes what I thought to be the procedure.
In the book the parts we need (2 ea) are listed as the Yoke Lever Shoe. They are worn to the end of adjustment, and past what I would think I need to make a good copy. Not sure if there in an optimal alloy.

Thanks for the info. It formalizes what I thought to be the procedure.
In the book the parts we need (2 ea) are listed as the Yoke Lever Shoe. They are worn to the end of adjustment, and past what I would think I need to make a good copy. Not sure if there in an optimal alloy.

Yep - item 1100. These would be Bronze and are a fairly simple machine shop job. If mine I would have these out, measure them up and proceed to replace them from such as C954 Aluminum Bronze - or even more ordinary C932 Bearing Bronze

Here is a similar item that I fixed by "shoeing" the originals with riveted on Bronze plates / shapes

DCP_1124.jpgDcp_1126.jpgDCP_1130.jpg

Back